Book Review | No Such Thing as Perfect by Sarah Daltry

Posted on Friday, January 2, 2015 12:00 AM

Format: e-RC
Source: Sarah Daltry's Rep. Karen via E-mail
Publisher: Smashwords Edition
Publication Date: November 27, 2014
My Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

College was supposed to be perfect. She was supposed to be perfect.

For Lily Drummond, life is about following the rules. To be specific, her mother’s rules. College fit into the plan – maintain perfect grades, date the perfect guy, and live the perfect life. On her own, though, Lily realizes that she doesn’t actually have a plan. Without being told what to think and do, she keeps making mistakes.

Away from home, the perfect facade is beginning to shatter. When Lily herself starts to break, it’s the support of an unlikely friend that teaches her how much of a lie perfect really is – and how to be whole on her own terms.

NOTE: This is NOT a romance novel and there is no on-camera sex.




My Thoughts:

*I first want to say that I got this book for an honest review*

Sarah Daltry did a wonderful job at keeping me intrigued throughout No Such Thing as Perfect. At first,  I wasn't sure at how much I would like the flash-backs, but soon I found that they were totally necessary. Yes, necessary, but one thing that the flash-backs caused for me was having a lack of empathy. I think they were supposed to make me feel for Lily or something along that matter, but that wasn't the case...I didn't feel anything really. 

I did feel a lot for Lily throughout the book. I hated her mother. No one deserves to get treated the way that Lily's mother treated her and I was so sick hearing her mom speak. I wanted Lily so badly to speak up or say something...ANYTHING. I also hated her boyfriend, at first I was like "YES A LITTLE ROMANCE" but soon after that, literally like 30 seconds more, and I was just not interested in him, one bit.

You may find this book to be romantic and I thought so at first, there were couples and love, but it was so much deeper than that. It wasn't just Lily you had a connection with...so many other characters held your heart and captivated you. You wanted to learn more about their story, about their lives and I am so glad that Sarah went into them. She let you see more into the side characters, she let you see their deep secrets and that was beautiful. Their agony, pain, sacrifice...everything about each character was beautiful and heart-wrenching at the same time.

I highly recommend this read, especially if you are trying to see the beauty in life. If you are questioning some things about what choices you want to make or what road you want to take...READ THIS BOOK. It helps you realize a lot about yourself.

Please check out these books also by Sarah that are now on sale on Amazon *LIMITED TIME* till January 6.







author image

Erica

Erica is a 20 year old college student and book lover. When she’s done with studying she’ll always want to relax with a book, of any kind. If she’s not reading she could be caught up in her latest Netflix series or lost in a conversation with her spectacular boyfriend.
Copyright © 2014 Novel Ink
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0