ARC Book Review | Gone Too Far by Natalie Richards

Posted on Monday, January 5, 2015 12:00 AM



Format: e-ARC
Source: Publisher via Netgalley
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Publication: January 6, 2015
My Rating: 3 out of 5 Stars



Keeping secrets ruined her life. But the truth might just kill her.

Piper Woods can't wait for the purgatory of senior year to end. She skirts the fringes of high school like a pro until the morning she finds a notebook with mutilated photographs and a list of student sins. She's sure the book is too gruesome to be true, until pretty, popular Stella dies after a sex-tape goes viral. Everyone's sure it's suicide, but Piper remembers Stella's name from the book and begins to suspect something much worse.

Drowning in secrets she doesn't want to keep, Piper's fears are confirmed when she receives an anonymous text message daring her to make things right. All she needs to do is choose a name, the name of someone who deserves to be punished...
  






My Thoughts:


When I saw the summary for Gone Too Far I knew that I had to have it, I read Richard's Six Months Later and loved it so I was expecting amazing things from this book and overall I enjoyed this one, but I was expecting so much more.

Piper Woods doesn't like the spotlight, she would rather hide behind her camera and observe instead.  But when she sees someone getting bullied and doesn't say anything, it haunts her.  Especially when that person that was bullied ends up dead 24 hours later.  Piper is determined to not make the same mistake twice, so when an anonymous texter offers her the chance to make the bullies  pay, she jumps at the chance, but it isn't long before things go a little too far, but will she be able to get out by then?

My biggest issue with this book was my lack of connection any of the characters, this was a problem because when the mysterious texter was revealed, while I didn't expect the person, it didn't really have that  major shocking effect that I feel it would have if I would have felt more of a connection with the characters.  



This book definitely feels a little Pretty Little Liars-ish with the anonymous texts and all the secrets that everyone has been keeping, but unlike the show, we find out who "A" is by the end of the book.

Gone Too Far has an interesting premise, a great plot, and while I enjoyed it, I feel like it could have been more.



author image

Christy

Christy is a 27 year old wife, mother, nursing student and self proclaimed book addict. When she's not busy spending time with her family or learning to save lives, you can find her with a book in her hands, and a smile on her face.
Copyright © 2014 Novel Ink
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0