Southern Book Carnival

Posted on Wednesday, August 21, 2013 7:34 PM



I'm from a small town in Eastern Kentucky and every April we have a festival called 'Hillbilly Days'.   Hillbilly Days is a mix of carnival rides, games, food, shopping, live music and a bunch of a few drunk people. 

What does this have to do with book blogging, you ask?  Well, I have been trying to think of something fun to do here on the blog, but I wanted to do something that would also include more blogs in on all of the fun.  Well, last night I started thinking about Hillbilly Days and blogging an idea popped into my head. 

Are you ready for it???

Southern Book Carnival! 

Ok, here's what I'm thinking. 
Each blogger (you don't have to be from the South to participate) that signs up will host some kind of 'Booth' with a challenge on their blog (kissing booth that features romance books, fortune teller booth that features psychics, haunted house that features horror books, etc.)

You don't have to do a giveaway for completing the challenge, but you are welcome to if that is something you would like to do. 

Since this is a 'Southern' Book Carnival, your post must feature the South in some way (books set in the South, characters from the South, etc.)  However, if your challenge and giveaway (if youare doing a giveaway on your blog) can be anything you want.

Need an idea on what books are set in the South?

Pushing the Limits & Dare You To by Katie McGarry
Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Sarah Dessen books
Nicholas Sparks Books
Looking for Alaska by John Green
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

Southern Book Bloggers has a great list HERE

I would LOVE to have a few co-hosts, so if you are interested in co-hosting with me please send me an email at cbookaddiction@yahoo.com and we can discuss details.

Once I and hopefully a few co-hosts get the details lined up, I will do the 'official' post with the dates, graphics and linky.



What do you think?

 Is this something that you would like to participate in? Do you want me to let you know when sign ups start?

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like a great idea! I'd totally join, but I don't know of any books that feature the South, except for The Help. Does that count?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure! Southern Book Bloggers also has a list of books set in the south...the link is on my right sidebar :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, they make my day :D

Copyright © 2014 Novel Ink
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0