Book Review | Prodigy by Marie Lu

Posted on Sunday, August 4, 2013 11:01 AM


Series: Legend # 2

Format: ARC

Source: ARCycling

Publisher: Putnam Juvenile

Publication Date: January 29, 2013

Pages: 371


 

 
June and Day arrive in Vegas just as the unthinkable happens: the Elector Primo dies, and his son Anden takes his place. With the Republic edging closer to chaos, the two join a group of Patriot rebels eager to help Day rescue his brother and offer passage to the Colonies. They have only one request—June and Day must assassinate the new Elector.

It’s their chance to change the nation, to give voice to a people silenced for too long.

But as June realizes this Elector is nothing like his father, she’s haunted by the choice ahead. What if Anden is a new beginning? What if revolution must be more than loss and vengeance, anger and blood—what if the Patriots are wrong?

In this highly-anticipated sequel, Lu delivers a breathtaking thriller with high stakes and cinematic action

Prodigy starts off a few weeks after Legend ends with June and Day on their way to Vegas to track down the Patriots in hopes of finding Tess and Eden along the possibility of getting their help.  While they knew that help would come at a price, they are completely caught off guard by what that price is.  Day and June must join the Patriots and help them in their efforts to assassinate the new Elector.  

June is such an amazing character and I loved reading her POV.  She is so strong and she is willing to do whatever it takes to help Day find and rescue Eden.  But at the same time she also wants to do what is right and sometimes that line isn’t so clear. 

Day is another great character to read about.  He would do just about anything to find and protect his little brother, Eden.  But the very thing that he has to do to get to his little brother could be the one thing that could keep him away from Eden.

I absolutely loved Legend when I read it last year, but you guys, Prodigy was soooo much better.  There was so much more suspense and I was constantly guessing what would happen next and what the right thing was and who was hiding something.  And I don’t even know what to say about that ending.

Overall, Prodigy is a fast-paced adventure that is packed with suspense.  It will keep you flipping the pages in order to find out what happens next.  Lu’s writing is amazing and I’m excited and scared to see how she will end this trilogy in Champion.


 

4 comments:

  1. The ending--ahhh! I have no idea what the author is going to do about this. I'm so worried! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read this. I loved Legend. But I think that I am just going to have to wait, because I have heard that the ending is rough. I think that I am going to have to wait until the third book is closer to releasing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven't read Legend but I do have a copy :) I can't wait to read it, Day sounds like a really interesting character and everyone seems to like this series.

    Alise @ Readers in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, Prodigy was so amazing! I may have liked it better than Legend too! I need Champion now like I need air!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, they make my day :D

Copyright © 2014 Novel Ink
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0