Book Review | The Infinite Moment of Us by Lauren Myracle

Posted on Monday, August 26, 2013 1:00 AM

Format: e-ARC

Source: Netgalley

Publisher: Amulet Books

Publication Date: August 27, 2013

Pages: 336


 
For as long as she can remember, Wren Gray’s goal has been to please her parents. But as high school graduation nears, so does an uncomfortable realization: Pleasing her parents once overlapped with pleasing herself, but now... not so much. Wren needs to honor her own desires, but how can she if she doesn’t even know what they are?

Charlie Parker, on the other hand, is painfully aware of his heart’s desire. A gentle boy with a troubled past, Charlie has loved Wren since the day he first saw her. But a girl like Wren would never fall for a guy like Charlie—at least not the sort of guy Charlie believes himself to be.

And yet certain things are written in the stars. And in the summer after high school, Wren and Charlie’s souls will collide. But souls are complicated, as are the bodies that house them...

Sexy, romantic, and oh-so-true to life, this is an unforgettable look at first love from one of young adult fiction’s greatest writers.

This is my first DNF review on the blog and I’m kind of disappointed as I don’t like to DNF books, especially review books, but I will always be completely honest in my reviews.  So since I didn’t finish the book and I don’t feel that I got far enough into the story to give a complete review, I will keep this short and just explain why this book wasn’t for me.  But before I begin, please keep in mind that this review reflects only MY opinion of The Infinite Moment of Us and just because I didn’t enjoy this book that doesn’t mean someone else won’t. 

When I saw the cover and read the summary for The Infinite Moment of Us I couldn’t wait to get my hands on it.  I had never read anything by Lauren Myracle before, but I was sure that I was going to fall in love with this book.  Unfortunately, that didn’t happen.

 After I read the first few pages, I had a feeling that this book wasn’t going to be for me.  Usually, after a few chapters I feel some sort of connection with at least one character, but in this book I didn’t feel anything at all.  And connection to the characters is a big deal for me, because if I don’t feel anything for at least one character, then nine times out of ten I will not enjoy the book.

 Another thing that bothered me was the third person narration, which is weird because normally this doesn’t bother me.  I also found myself skimming paragraphs, I don’t know if this is because I didn’t have that connection or if it was due to the narration, but for whatever reason, I just could not get into the story.




2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on connecting to characters. I really need that to enjoy a book. I'm so sad you didn't enjoy this. I really like Lauren Myracle, and I was hoping this book would be great. I'll have to scan the blogs for more reviews to see if I think it's worth trying. Thanks for your honest opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read so many mixed reviews for this book, but I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it. I've requested it from the library so I'm still planning on trying it. I hope I like it better than you did! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, they make my day :D

Copyright © 2014 Novel Ink
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0