Book Review | Frigid by J. Lynn

Posted on Wednesday, August 7, 2013 12:30 AM
Series: Frigid #1

Format: Kindle Edition

Source:Purchased

Publisher: Spencer Hill Contemporary

Publication Date: July 15, 2013

Pages: 240

Goodreads | Amazon




For twenty-one-year-old Sydney, being in love with Kyler isn't anything new. They'd been best friends ever since he pushed her down on the playground and she made him eat a mud pie. Somewhere over the years, she fell for him and fell hard. The big problem with that? Kyler puts the 'man' in man-whore. He's never stayed with a girl longer than a few nights, and with it being their last year in college, Syd doesn't want to risk their friendship by declaring her love.

Kyler has always put Syd on a pedestal that was too high for him to reach. To him, she's perfect and she's everything. But the feelings he has for her, he's always hidden away or focused on any other female. After all, Kyler will always be the poor boy from the wrong side of tracks, and Syd will always be the one girl he can never have.

But when they're stranded together at a posh ski resort due to a massive Nor'easter, there's nothing stopping their red-hot feelings for each other from coming to the surface. Can their friendship survive the attraction? Better yet, can they survive at all? Because as the snow falls, someone is stalking them, and this ski trip may be a life-changer in more ways than one.

I’ve said this before and I will most likely say it again; I will read anything with the name Jennifer L. Armentrout or J. Lynn on it.  Yes, her writing is THAT good.  I can pretty much guarantee that when I pick up a JLA book that I will fall in love with the story and the characters.  Plus, she knows how to write some swoon-worthy guys.

Sydney and Kyler have been best friends since he pushed her down on the playground and she made him eat a mud pie in retaliation.  But somewhere along the way Sydney’s feeling for Kyler have changed and she fell in love with her best friend.  Kyler is a bit of a man-whore and he is absolutely oblivious to Sydney’s feelings.  Kyler has Sydney on a pedestal and in his mind she is too good for him or any other guy.
 
I really felt like Sydney was very easy to relate to; she’s smart, nice and really sweet.  Her only downfall is that she over-analyzes everything.  Now we get to Kyler *sigh* Kyler is so charming, not to mention he has an eight pack, I can absolutely understand why Sydney fell for him.   Hell, I think anyone with ovaries would want him and maybe even a few without them. I also really enjoyed Andrea and Tanner, even though they weren’t that much a part of the story.  I would love to read a book that features just them *hint, hint*

I really loved that JLA didn’t follow the normal pattern that we usually see in the New Adult genre and that we actually get a little bit of mystery thrown in with all of the sigh-worthy romance.  

Overall, Frigid is another masterpiece by the one and only JLA.  Take my word for it; if you haven’t read any books by JLA, you are missing out on one AMAZING author.  


Much Loved Passage

 We walk-or shuffled along-about a yard and then I walked straight into a mailbox.  I grunted.  “Son of a bitch jumped right out in front of me!”
 
Kyler stopped, shaking his head.  “You are a hazard to yourself right now.”

“I’m fine.” I waved him off, edging around the tricky inanimate object as I shot it a dark look.  “I’m watching you.”

“Let me help you,” he offered.  “Okay? I’ll get us both home in one piece and keep us far away from ninja mailboxes.”


3 comments:

  1. This was such a cute read. And I am like you, I will read anything written by Jennifer Armentrout (or whatever name she goes by)! I cannot wait for Origin, by the way, I'm counting down the days! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love JLA too and will pretty much read anything she writes! I mist pick this one up soon! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed it. I had pretty much the OPPOSITE reaction with this book. I didn't care for it much at all which was disappointing as I had never read any of JLA's books before.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, they make my day :D

Copyright © 2014 Novel Ink
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0