The Time I Went To My First Author Event

Posted on Sunday, February 2, 2014 11:34 AM
 
 
 
Some of you may know that on Saturday, February 1st, I attended my first author event which was Jeaniene Frost (My favorite author EVER) and Pamela Palmer. 
 
I was a nervous wreck for weeks because I hadn't attended any author events before so I was freaking out over what I should do and what I shouldn't do, but of course everything turned out really good and I had so much fun.  Jeaniene and Pamela seemed very down to earth and they were both extremely funny, they had everyone cracking up. 
 
 
Some advice that I got from another blogger who had attended an author event before told me to come up with a few questions before hand that way I would have something to ask when they opened up the floor for questions.  I've spent weeks trying to come up with something and finally on the drive down to Lexington I came up with something.  And when I asked Jeaniene and Pamela my question last night, Jeaniene said it was the first time she had ever been asked that!  That really excited me :)  
 
My question was "If you had to take one of your characters home to meet your family, which would you choose?"  After thinking about it, Jeaniene said Mencheres and Pamela said Hawk. 
 
 
 
I did get very nervous when it was my turn to have my books signed, but I managed to ask for a picture!
 
Me & Jeaniene Frost!
 
 
Here's what I came home with
 
 

 
 
 
 I had so much fun and I will definitely be on the lookout for more author events that I can attend!



 
 

Copyright © 2014 Novel Ink
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0