Book Review | Up from the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

Posted on Friday, February 21, 2014 4:30 AM



Series: Night Huntress, # 7
Format: Paperback
Source: Purchased
Publisher: Avon Books
Publication Date: January 28, 2014


There’s always one more grave to dig.

Lately, life has been unnaturally calm for vampires Cat Crawfield and her husband Bones. They should have known better than to relax their guard, because a shocking revelation sends them back into action to stop an all-out war…

A rogue CIA agent is involved in horrifying secret activities that threaten to raise tensions between humans and the undead to dangerous heights. Now Cat and Bones are in a race against time to save their friends from a fate worse than death…because the more secrets they unravel, the deadlier the consequences. And if they fail, their lives—and those of everyone they hold dear— will be hovering on the edge of the grave.


My Thoughts


To say that reading this book was a tad bittersweet is an huge understatement because this has been my favorite series since I picked up Halfway to the Grave many years ago.  Cat and Bones are one of my all-time favorite couples and while I was excited to see how their story would end, it was extremely difficult for me to say goodbye.   

Up from the Grave starts off with Cat and Bones finding out that some of their friends have gone missing and Madigan is their number one suspect.  Of course, if you know Cat then you can probably guess that it's not long before she throws herself in the crossfire to try and figure out where they are and how to save them, if they are still alive that is.   

What Cat doesn't realize is that Madigan's operation is a whole lot bigger that anyone anticipated and when some of his secrets finally get exposed, they will leave everybody in shock.  I can't really say anything else without spoiling something, so I will just leave it at that. 

This series has some of the best characters that I have ever came across.  I have loved Cat ever since that night she got pulled over by the law with a body in the trunk, she's feisty and stubborn, but she's also fiercely loyal to those she cares about.  Bones has been and probably will always be my number one book boyfriend.  He's stubborn, has a bad temper and he can get really creative when it comes to torture.  But, he's also caring and he will do anything to protect those he cares about.  It also has some of the best secondary characters; I love Ian, Denise, Spade, Mencheres, Fabian, etc. 

Frost done an amazing job bringing this series to an end. While  I hated saying goodbye with every fiber of my being, I couldn't have asked for a better ending.
 
Copyright © 2014 Novel Ink
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0