Bookish Confession | I Don't Mind Series in Different Formats

Posted on Wednesday, February 25, 2015 12:00 AM
Did anyone else sing the Usher song when they saw that graphic?  Yes, no?
Anyway, let me just start by saying, yes, you read that title right.  I really don't mind when my series don't match. 
Yes, I would prefer them all to be the same style and format, but when publishers are constantly changing covers mid series, it's hard for me to keep up.

I think the biggest reason is I'm always trying to save money, so I usually go with the cheapest way I can find.  The first thing I'll do is see if it's up for trade on YA Book Exchange, If so, I'll try that route first.  If that doesn't go through, I'll go with the paperback if it's available because it's cheaper.  If that's not available, I'll look and see how much the Kindle edition book is.  But the problem with that is I won't buy a Kindle book over $5.00, so that's usually out. If everything else fails, I'll buy the hardcover, BUT only if it's one that I really, really want.  This usually results in quite a few mixed series.
I have some series that are a mix of HB, PB and ARC; I have some that are a mix of PB and Kindle edition, etc. 
Here are a few pictures of my mixed series

HB of Shatter Me & Ignite Me & ARC of Unravel Me (Also if you look at my Hunger Games books on the shelf below, you will notice a PB of THG, and HB of Catching Fire & Mockingjay)


 A mix of PB, HB, and Mass Market PB


PB of The Selection, ARC of The Elite, and HB of The One

PB of Anna, ARC of Lola, and HB of Isla (Once again, if you look in the background you can see a PB of Divergent and HB of Insurgent & Allegiant)
These are just a few of the series that I have mixed, but I have so many more like this, such as Rachel Vincent's Shifter Series, Soul Screamer, Mara Dyer, Lux, Covenant, and I could go on and on.

What are you thoughts?

Does your series have to match?  Or are you like me? 
author image

Christy

Christy is a 27 year old wife, mother, nursing student and self proclaimed book addict. When she's not busy spending time with her family or learning to save lives, you can find her with a book in her hands, and a smile on her face.
Copyright © 2014 Novel Ink
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0