Top Ten Tuesday (7)

Posted on Tuesday, July 2, 2013 12:00 AM


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
This weeks topic is Top 10 most intimidating books


Here's my list in no particular order:


1. Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling  - I feel like the only person in the world that hasn't read this series or watched the movies.  I have yet to pick this up just because I'm afraid that I will be the only person EVER who does not like it.  Maybe Eventually I will get brave and give it a try.

2. The Host by Stephanie Meyer - The thing that intimidates me about this book is its size.  I'm the type of person that kind of gets bored if books are too long.

3. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak - I have heard amazing things about this book and I know I should read it, but by reading the summary it just doesn't sound like something I would like.

4. A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin - This book sound so good but it's 837 pages!

5.  City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare - I read and enjoyed City of Bones up until the end when the whole 'thing' about Jace & Clary was revealed and that just tore me up so I'm kind of scared to read anymore. 

6. The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness - This is another one that I feel like everyone likes but I'm not sure that I will.

7. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare - After the whole thing with the City of Bones book (see above) I'm kind of scared to pick anything up by Cassandra Clare.

8. Room by Emma Donoghue - I just don't think I could handle this book.

9. The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien - A friend of mine has been trying to get me to read this series for a while but I don't think I will like it.

10. World War Z by Max Brooks - I usually try to read the book before I watch the movie but my husband talked me into watching it and it was AMAZING so now I don't want to read the book because I'm afraid I won't like it.
What's your most intimidating books?




8 comments:

  1. I have that Cassandra Clare series on my list! I also have been seeing HP everywhere. I loved the series and I think it is worth reading once in your life. I get it though.

    Tsuki's TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I'm not like... the ONLY person who hasn't read the Harry Potter series! :D Shocked.

    Beth | The Reading Vixens
    Vixen's Top Ten!
    Don't forget to check out our giveaways, There's EIGHT! HERE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Game of Thrones was a surprisingly quick read. I was so engaged by the end of the first few chapters that I didn't want it to end!

    Here's my list of Ten Most Intimidating Reads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1 - I didn't love the first Harry Potter book the first time I read it. The series really, really gets good with #3. By then, you'll be hooked.

    2 - I won't lie - parts of The Host are boring. It could've been 100 pages shorter and no one would have minded. Still worth a read, though. I like to be able to say I've read all of Stephenie Meyer's novels.

    3- The Book Thief is every bit as good as you've heard. Give it a chance. It's awesome.

    I haven't read any of the others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Books can only intimidate us if we let those!! I simply cannot stand certain genres.

    Come, check my Top Ten post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I should have had the Book Thief on my list too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've got both the Book Thief and Game of Thrones on my list too. Continue with City of Ashes, that's all I'm going to say on that point =). I'm sure you will like Harry Potter, give it a go... Great list!

    Ange @ Moonlight Reader
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, they make my day :D

Copyright © 2014 Novel Ink
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0