Review: Chosen at Nightfall by C.C. Hunter

Posted on Sunday, July 14, 2013 9:57 AM


Series: Shadow Falls #5

Format: Paperback

 Source: Purchased

 Publisher: St. Martin’s Griffin

 Publication Date: April 23, 2013

Pages: 399




Kylie Galen's life hasn't been the same since her world was turned upside-down in Born at Midnight, Shadow Falls #1, and now an epic conclusion to her journey—not to mention a tough choice between two guys!—is brewing in Chosen at Nightfall:

When Kylie Galen left Shadow Falls, she thought it was the hardest decision of her life. Heartbroken and separated from everyone she loves, she has to embrace her abilities and what it means to be a chameleon. But as Kylie's journey comes to a close, she must return to the camp that started it all...and she must finally chose between the two boys who love her. The werewolf who broke her heart when he chose his pack over her, and the half-fae who ran from their intense attraction before they ever really had a chance. For Kylie, everything will finally be revealed and nothing will ever be the same.

I have to say that I have been putting this book off for a while, not because I was scared I wouldn’t like it, but because I love this series so much that I didn’t want it to end.  I fell in love with these characters back in 2011 when I read the first book in this series, Born at Midnight and I hate to say goodbye. 

 If you’ve read the previous books in this series then you already know that in the life of Kylie Galen, there are no boring moments.  In the beginning of this last installment of the Shadow Falls series, Kylie is still trying to figure out what it means to be a chameleon, she is still having boy problems, and Mario is still trying to kill her.

My favorite thing about this series is the characters.  I would love to go to Shadow Falls and have best friends like Della and Miranda, mentors like Holiday and Burnett and hot guys like Derek and Lucas surrounding me.

 Kylie is a wonderful character because she is really easy to relate to.  She’s smart, funny, caring and very protective of the people she cares about.

 Chosen at Nightfall is just as engrossing and riveting as its predecessors.  It’s filled with just enough mystery to keep you hooked until the very end.  As hard as it was to say goodbye to this series, the ending was absolutely perfect.  Also, I recently learned that there will be a spinoff series featuring Della as the MC so hopefully we will get to see more of these characters *fingers crossed*

Much Loved Passage 

She paused.  “He checked us into a hotel and was taking care of me.  I don’t know how it happened, one minute he was doctoring me and the next we were playing doctor.”

“Oh my!” Kylie said.  “So you actually—“

“No, we didn’t.  Came close.  Thankfully blue balls don’t really kill a guy.”

“Blue balls?” Kylie asked.

Della rolled her eyes. “You don’t know what blue balls are?”

“No. Should I?”

Della grinned.  “At least you should know if a guy ever tells you he can die from it, he’s lying.  And believe me, some guys will actually say that to guilt a girl into doing the bumping dance.  I had one try it on me once, before Lee.  I told him I’d go to his funeral, and never dated him again.”

“But what is it, really?” Kylie made a face.  “Or is it too gross? It must be gross because they never mentioned it in any of the pamphlets my mom gave me.”

Della chuckled again.  “It’s when a guy gets really turned on and is ready to do the deed and then the deed gets canceled.”

Kylie leaned in.  “Do their balls really turn blue?”

Della burst out laughing.  “I don’t know, I’ve never gotten down there and checked.”

Pages 230 & 231
 
 
 
 

  
 


 
Copyright © 2014 Novel Ink
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0