Review: The Hazards of Skinny Dipping by Alyssa Rose Ivy

Posted on Monday, July 15, 2013 5:44 PM





Format: Kindle Edition

Source: Bought

Pages: 248 pages

Publication Date: May 17, 2013


 
 
 
 
This isn't a deep book about first loves or self-discovery. If you want a book like that, I'd be happy to recommend one, but I don't have that kind of story to tell. Instead my story is about rash decisions and finding out that your dream guy is bad in bed. It's the story of when I finally went skinny dipping, and how my life was never the same again. Oh, and it's also the story of my freshman year of college and realizing Mr. Right might have been there all along.
 
 I saw this book on sale for .99 on Kindle and it looked like a fun summer YA read so I bought it.  I didn’t read the summary or any reviews before I started reading it so I really didn’t know what to expect.  After starting this book I realized I was entirely wrong on the YA aspect, The Hazards of Skinny Dipping is a NA book, but since I’m loving NA right now I was fine with that.
 
Juliet is what is considered a ‘good girl’ so her cousin Amy gives Juliet a piece of paper that Juliet is not supposed to open until she graduates.  When Juliet finally opens it she’s surprised to find a fake ID and a list of things to do before she goes off to College.  The last thing on Juliet’s list is to go skinny dipping. 

 
Juliet is alone at her grandparent’s beach house so she figures it’s the perfect time to cross skinny dipping off of Amy’s list.   Juliet doesn’t expect her long time crush to show up and she definitely doesn’t expect to hook up with him. 
 
Even though Juliet was really easy to like and I loved her sense of humor I felt like slapping her sometimes for putting up with Dylan.  I absolutely hated Dylan; he is so domineering and such an asshole and I couldn’t wait for Juliet to see it.  I LOVED Reed.  He is the exact opposite of Dylan; he is charming and humorous.  I was secretly rooting for him and Juliet to get together. 

 
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping is the perfect example of a ‘Summer Read’.  It’s a light and fun book that has just the right amount of humor to make it a really quick read.  If you’re looking for something entertaining to read by the pool or on the beach, this book is the one you want.
 


 

1 comment:

  1. I don't read NA (because I'm still on the young side of adult HAHA) but I dunno, I like summer reads :D I haven't skinny dipped before, but nothing says recommended like a "superb" :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, they make my day :D

Copyright © 2014 Novel Ink
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0