Once Upon A Read-A-Thon - Updates & Mini Challenges

Posted on Monday, July 8, 2013 12:00 AM
 
This is the first Readathon that I've participated in and I'm super excited.
 
Once Upon A Readathon is hosted by Reading Angels, Candace's Book Blog and Pure Imagination.  You can keep track of all the readathon happenings on Twitter by following @OUReadathon
 
My goal for this readathon is 3 books in 3 days.  I will be updating this post with my reading progress throughout the next 3 days so be sure to check back in.  Also, if you're participating leave me a link so I can check out your progress.
 

The Books:

Chosen at Nightfall by C.C. Hunter
Losing Hope by Colleen Hoover
Wild Cards by Simone Elkeles
 
Update: I'm so happy that I met my reading goals for the Once Upon a Read-A-Thon!  I will definitely be participating next year :)
 
Books read: 3
Total pages read: 1023
 

Mini Challenge #1 (Cover2CoverBlog)

1. Which book you are most excited to read in the coming year? It can be already released or coming soon.  There are so many books that I can not wait to read but the ones that I’m most excited for are Allegiant by Veronica Roth, Fifth Grave Past the Light by Darynda Jones and Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout.
2. Which book would you re-read if you had the time and weren’t so busy reading ALL of the other good things? Hopefully, I will get to re-read Divergent and Insurgent before the release of Allegiant this fall *fingers crossed*  
3. and lastly, If you could meet any fictional character who would it be and why? I would love to meet Daemon from Jennifer L. Armentrout’s Lux series, because he’s hot and kind of has the bad boy smart ass attitude going on (I’m a sucker for bad boys) and did I mention he’s HOT?  Oh, and obviously he has a thing for book bloggers ;)
 
Mini Challenge #2 (BookBFFs)
 
- Commented under Christy Mullins



Mini Challenge #3 ( Better Read than Dead)


 
You’re in a bookstore and you’ve just purchased 5 books you’ve been dying to read, when the apocalypse hits.  You’ve got one chance at survival, what 2 books do you take and what 3 other items do you take? This is a tough question; it’s so hard to choose only 2 books to bring.  I guess I would pick one of the Charley Davidson books by Darynda Jones because Charley always cheers me up and Divergent by Veronica Roth because Tris is badass and doesn’t let anyone or anything hold her back.  As far as the 3 items I would choose, baby formula would be number one because my two month olds screaming would attract a lot of attention if I didn’t feed her, a backpack full of food and water and I’m going to be optimistic and assume there is a katana lying around that I could take (yes, I’m totally pretending that I could be as lethal as Michone.  Now where can I find some zombie pets?)   

 Mini Challenge #4 (IB Book Blogging)


 

 

Make your dream guy using characteristics, personalities, looks, and anything else you can think of from your favorite book boyfriends.  The characteristics that I would choose from my book boyfriend to make the perfect dream guy would be: Dimitri’s hot body (Vampire Academy Series), Bones’ protectiveness (Night Huntress Series), Daemon’s cockiness (Lux Series), and Tod’s witty personality (Soul Screamer series) 


 
 

Mini Challenge # 5 (Rainy Day Ramblings)

Solved the puzzles :D
 

 Mini Challenge # 6 (Dizneeee's World of Books)

Tell me your favorite genre, favorite book within that genre, and your favorite character from the same genre.
·         *Favorite Genre: YA Contemporary
*Favorite Book: Ok, this was a really tough question because I’m very indecisive when it comes to favorites so I think I might cheat a name a few before I have a panic attack trying to narrow my list down to one.
o   My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
o   Wild Cards by Simone Elkeles
o   Something Like Normal & Where the Stars Still Shine by Trish Doller
o   Golden by Jessi Kirby
* Favorite Character: Augustus Walters from The Fault in Our Stars by John Green because he is funny, strong and he doesn’t let the fact that he has Cancer keep him from enjoying his life. 

 



12 comments:

  1. hi christy! thank you for following our blog via bloglovin'. i'm following you back--looking forward to chatting with you about bookish things :)

    and good luck with the read-a-thon. i'm looking forward to your thoughts about wild cards.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to read Wild Cards soon!
    3 books is a great goal!
    PS - we are so glad to pop your readathon cherry ;) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a little bit jealous that you get to read Wild Cards! I'm really looking forward to when it comes out.

    Good luck with your reading.

    Here's my goal: http://readingismytreasure.blogspot.com/2013/07/once-upon-readathon-goals.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your goals! I haven't read any of those but they sound great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your reading goals Christy!!

    My Once Upon a Readathon Goals & Updates
    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your book choices. is chosen at nightfall the 2nd in that series?

    Jenn @ Book Beats

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never done a readathon before, so I wish you luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am DYING for Allegiant!! Good luck this read-a-thon

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been wanting to read the Lux series so badly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, dying to read Losing Hope. I am looking forward to Allegiant too. Great goals. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for participating in the Cover2CoverBlog Mini Challenge! Good luck during the read-a-thon! Yay for another pick for Allegiant!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, they make my day :D

Copyright © 2014 Novel Ink
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0