10 Books That Will Break Your Heart

Posted on Wednesday, December 3, 2014 12:00 AM
Everyone loves a book that will break their heart, right?  I know there are times when I enjoy a good gut wrenching, heart shattering book. 

So today, Erica and I are going to share with you books that broke our heart.  And you can let us know in the comments if you've read any of these and whether or not they broke your heart too :)

5 Books That Broke Christy's Heart



Creed by Trisha Leaver and Lindsay Currie - Some of the things that happen in this book shattered my emotions.


Some Boys by Patty Blount - This book brought out ALL THE EMOTIONS.


Me Since You by Laura Wiess - I just can't even, I'm still not over this one.


Red Hill by Jamie McGuire - Yep, a zombie book made the list.  Here's why: "I know the world ended on a Friday. It was the last day I saw my children." That got me, and I spent the whole book with my heart breaking for Scarlet.


If I Stay by Gayle Forman - This one killed me, I think I cried throughout the whole thing.


Now, lets see the books that have broken Erica's heart!

<3, Christy


5 Books That Broke Erica's Heart


Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins I chose for reasons that if you read this book, you will understand. I almost wanted to throw the book and give up after a few moments started to unwind and happen in this book.


Kissed by an Angel by Elizabeth Chandler had me feeling every single emotion possible. Just from reading the synopsis I knew I was bound for tears.


Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher was definitely an upsetting book, but the reason I chose this for my list has a lot to do with personal reasons. 


Crank by Ellen Hopkins is just a thrilling story to go through,  it was heart-breaking to see what her family went through and all of the repercussions of Crank. I also chose this due to having a personal connection with the idea of this book.


The Fault in our Stars by John Green OH MY LANTA! I finished this book in one night and just cried so much throughout the whole thing. I just watched the movie yesterday and five minutes in I was crying....till the end. It honestly, broke my heart into a million tiny pieces.

xoxo Erica 


author image

Christy

Christy is a 27 year old wife, mother, nursing student and self proclaimed book addict. When she's not busy spending time with her family or learning to save lives, you can find her with a book in her hands, and a smile on her face.
Copyright © 2014 Novel Ink
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0