Blogger Tips | Tips For A New Book Blogger

Posted on Wednesday, January 15, 2014 10:06 AM

I am not an ‘expert blogger’ by any means but I thought I would share a few things that I wish I would have known when I first started blogging.





Don’t worry about the STATs – This was one of the lessons that I had to learn the hard way. When I first started blogging I would constantly check my STATs page, and when I say constantly, I mean multiple times a day, and when I would see that I had only gotten a handful of hits, I would be devastated. It took a while for me to realize that getting followers and blog hits don’t happen overnight, it takes time for people to realize that you’re there.

Try different things – When I first started blogging I was all about reviews and memes and I quickly got bored. So I started thinking about what else I could do that would keep my blog interesting and fun. Now, I do discussion posts, deal discoveries and I’m always trying to think of new things for the blog. 

Accept that blogging is hard workI love my blog and I do not regret starting it in any way. But, it is a TON of work, I spend countless hours a week working on blog stuff and I still feel like it isn’t enough. There’s a lot of work and thought that goes into each post, especially the reviews.

 Be you – Your blog is YOURS, so do whatever you want with it, don’t feel like you have to do something a certain way just because everyone else is. If you want to post nothing but reviews then do it, if you want your posts to show of your sarcastic side, go for it, if you want to write your reviews while standing on your head is that even possible?, then that’s what you should do, your blog should be a reflection of you.

Talk To Me


Do you have any tips that you would add? Did these help you?




Copyright © 2014 Novel Ink
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0