End Of The Year Survey

Posted on Tuesday, December 31, 2013 4:00 AM

best books 2013 end of year survey 

Jamie from The Perpetual Page Turner posted this awesome survey and I just had to join in.  If your interested in participating go check out here page HERE

Best YA book 2013

1. Best Book You Read In 2013? (If you have to cheat — you can break it down by genre if you want or 2013 release vs. backlist)

Contemporary YA – This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales
Dystopian/Post-Apocalyptic – Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
Paranormal — Pivot Point by Kasie West

2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?

Between The Devil and The Deep Blue Sea - I pre-ordered this book and I couldn't wait to get my hands on it.  Sadly, it fell short of my expectations.
 

 3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2013? 

Reboot by Amy Tinterra - I kind of figured that I would like this book when I first read the synopsis but I had no idea that I would love it as much as I did.

 4. Book you read in 2013 that you recommended to people most in 2013?


 5. Best series you discovered in 2013?

The Selection by Kiera Cass - I had put this off for so long because I didn't think that I would like it, but the joke was on me because I loved The Selection and The Elite. 

 6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2013?

 Kasie West - I absolutely devoured Pivot Point and The Distance Between Us and I can't wait to get my hands on Split Second!

7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?

All our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill.  I have never been a big fan of time travel books but I just couldn't pass this one up and I'm so glad that I didn't because I fell in love with this book.

 8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2013?

 The Program by Suzanne Young - I had heard great things about this book but I wasn't expecting it to be as amazing as it was.  I could not put this down until I finished every page and I can't wait to see what's next in The Treatment.

 9. Book You Read In 2013 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?

 Splintered by A.G. Howard - I read this early this year and I really can't remember much about what happens so I will have to read it again before I pick up Unhinged.
 

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2013?

 
 

11. Most memorable character in 2013? 

Warner from Unravel Me.  I went into Unravel Me Team Adam and after Chapter 62 when I finished I was Team Warner.  I saw a whole other side to him in this book and I'm excited to see what happens in Ignite Me.

 12. Most beautifully written book read in 2013?

 Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi.  Mafi's writing style is so unique and memorizing that you fall head first into this world and love every second of it. 

13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2013? 

 This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales - I feel like I really connected with Elise in this story, there were so many times I just wanted to jump in it and give her a big hug and tell her everything was going to be ok.  This is one book that I will gladly pass on to my kids when they are old enough.

 14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2013 to finally read? 

Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles - I had actually checked this book out from the Library multiple times in the past but I never got past the first chapter.  This year when I checked it out again, I told myself that I would give it 100 pages and if I didn't like it by then I would stop and not try again.  Well, I fell in love with these characters and when I took it back to the Library, I got the other 2 books in the trilogy.

 15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2013?

- From Unravel Me -
 
This passage gives me the chills every time I read it
 
 

16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2013?

Longest - Grave Mercy by R.L LaFevers | 549 Pages
Crossing the Line by Katie McGarry | 67 Pages
 
 
 17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers!
 
Allegiant by Veronica Roth - I don't exactly remember what chapter it was, but it was toward the end.  If you've read this book yet then you probably know what I'm talking about.

18. Favorite Relationship From A Book You Read In 2013 (be it romantic, friendship, etc).

Isaiah and Rachel from Crash Into You by Katie McGarry

19. Favorite Book You Read in 2013 From An Author You’ve Read Previously:

With All My Soul by Rachel Vincent - This was the perfect ending to an amazing series.

20. Best Book You Read In 2013 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else:

 I don't think that I've had anyone recommend anything to me this year.  Although, I recently signed up for Epic Recs and my partner recommended The Book Thief so I will be reading that in January.

21. Genre You Read The Most From in 2013?

Contemporary
 

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2013?

Isaiah from Crash Into You by Katie McGarry - I didn't really have much of an opinion of Isaiah when I read Pushing the Limits and Dare You To but I absolutely fell in love with him in this book.   
 

23. Best 2013 debut you read?

Reboot by Amy Tintera - Going into this book I had no idea that I would love it as much as I did.  I can't wait to see what happens in Rebel.

24. Most vivid world/imagery in a book you read in 2013?

 Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo

25. Book That Was The Most Fun To Read in 2013?

The Summer I Became A Nerd by Leah Rae Miller - This book was so sweet and fun that I finished it in less than a day, I'm talking hours.

26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2013?

Allegiant by Veronica Roth - I balled my eyes out when reading and after finishing this book, my family thought that I was dying.

27. Book You Read in 2013 That You Think Got Overlooked This Year Or When It Came Out?

The Summer I Became A Nerd by Leah Miller - This book is such a cute, fun read and more people should give it a chance.

2014-books

1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2013 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2014?

The Book Thief - As I said above it was my Epic Rec for January so it will most likely be the first book I read in the new year.

2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2014 (non-debut)?

What I Thought Was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick, Split Second by Kasie West, I could go on and on and on and on.........

3. 2014 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?

Nearly Gone by Elle Cosimano and Letters To The Dead by Ava Dellaira

 4. Series Ending You Are Most Anticipating in 2014?

Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi and The One by Kiera Cass

5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2014?

One thing I hope to do in 2014 is to try new things.  I would like to try a genre that I have never read before or try to redesign my blog by myself.
 
 
Did you do this survey?  Be sure to leave me a link so I can check it out!
 
 
 
 
Copyright © 2014 Novel Ink
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0