Review: The Elite by Kiera Cass

Posted on Thursday, June 27, 2013 8:32 PM


Series: The Selection #2

Format: ARC

Source: Traded via YA Book Exchange

Pages: 323

Publisher: HarperTeen

Publication Date: April 23, 2013

Goodreads link: HERE

Buy this book: Amazon

From Goodreads:

The hotly-anticipated sequel to the New York Times bestseller The Selection.

Thirty-five girls came to the palace to compete in the Selection. All but six have been sent home. And only one will get to marry Prince Maxon and be crowned princess of Illea.

America still isn’t sure where her heart lies. When she’s with Maxon, she’s swept up in their new and breathless romance, and can’t dream of being with anyone else. But whenever she sees Aspen standing guard around the palace, and is overcome with memories of the life they planned to share. With the group narrowed down to the Elite, the other girls are even more determined to win Maxon over—and time is running out for America to decide.

Just when America is sure she’s made her choice, a devastating loss makes her question everything again. And while she’s struggling to imagine her future, the violent rebels that are determined to overthrow the monarchy are growing stronger and their plans could destroy her chance at any kind of happy ending.

My Thoughts:


*WARNING- This review may contain possible spoilers from The Selection* 

I said in my review of The Selection (You can find my review HERE) that I would hopefully be able to choose a team after reading The Elite and I am happy to report that I have finally chosen a side.  I am proud to say that I am now (Drum roll please)…Team Maxon. 
I must admit that like America it took me a while to decide which guy to choose.  One minute I would be rooting for America and Maxon and then in the next chapter Maxon would do something I didn’t like and I would go right back to wanting America to be with Aspen.  But I’m pleased to say that by the end of this book I understood a lot of Maxon’s actions and I am unquestionably a firm America and Maxon fan and hopefully nothing can sway me back to the other side.
One of my favorite things about this series is that it has amazing secondary characters; I just adore America’s maids, especially Lucy.  I also love Marlee now more than ever, there for a while America and Marlee’s friendship was strained because she was hiding something but in this book we find out what it is and let me tell you, I wasn’t expecting it to be what it was.
America has such a big heart and she truly cares for those around her, the only thing that really bothered me about her was her indecisiveness; not only about which guy she wanted but also about whether or not she even wanted all of the responsibilities associated with the crown.  Eventually she figures everything out; I just wish she had gotten there a little sooner.

Overall, The Elite was just as engrossing as its predecessor, I was hooked from the very first page and I was left with wanting more.  I can’t wait to see what’s in store for America in the next book.


Rating:



1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to read this book! I just read the first one and I feel in love with it! It's so awesome! Great review! can't wait to read it!!

    Http://www.daydreamerN.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, they make my day :D

Copyright © 2014 Novel Ink
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0