Review: Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Posted on Friday, May 10, 2013 8:00 AM
Series: Beautiful #2

Format: Kindle Edition

Publisher: Atria Books

Goodreads Link: HERE


From Goodreads:

Finally, the highly anticipated follow-up to the New York Times bestseller Beautiful Disaster.

Can you love someone too much?

Travis Maddox learned two things from his mother before she died: Love hard. Fight harder.

In Walking Disaster, the life of Travis is full of fast women, underground gambling, and violence. But just when he thinks he is invincible, Abby Abernathy brings him to his knees.

Every story has two sides. In Beautiful Disaster, Abby had her say. Now it’s time to see the story through Travis’s eyes.



Review:

Beautiful Disaster is one of my favorite books, so I was counting down the days until Walking Disasater released and after devouring it, I can say that Jamie McGuire did not disappoint, I fell more in love with Travis after reading this book.

Walking Disaster opens with Travis as a child, and I'm so glad that Ms. McGuire started this book with this Prologue, It was extremely emotional to read but totally worth the tears because I feel it explains the reason that Travis is the way that he is as an adult.

Walking Disaster is the same story as Beautiful Disaster, although since it's in Travis' POV, we do get to see some different scenes.  I love that we get to see the conversations between Travis and Shepley and Travis and his family. 

I must say that if I had never read Beautiful Disaster I would have absolutely hated Abby and the way she treated Travis.  Since, I did read BD and knew her background I can understand where she was coming from but she really put him through hell. 

BD ends with America finding out about the wedding and I hated that I didn't get to see what happened with Travis and Abby but in WD we get to see what becomes of them and it was amazing to see how far they had came.

All in all I loved this book as much if not more than I did BD.  Although, I would recommend reading BD before starting this book.  I would love to see more of Shepley and America and the Maddox brothers in the future.


Favorite Quotes:
"One of these days you're going to fall in love, son.  Don't settle for just anyone.  Choose the girl that doesn't come easy, the one you have to fight for, and then never stop fighting.  Never"

"I decided a long time ago that I would feed on the vultures until a dove came along.  A pigeon."

Rating:



 
 


 
Copyright © 2014 Novel Ink
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0