Armchair BEA Day 4: Ethics and Non-Fiction

Posted on Friday, May 31, 2013 12:30 AM
 
Today's topic is Ethics & Non-Fiction.
 
Here's is the questions from the Armchair BEA website "We get back into discussions on Friday with the heavy topic of ethics.  Do you have recommendations to new bloggers to ensure credit is given to whom/where credit is due?  Have you had an experience with plagiarism?  How did you deal with it?  What are the guidelines as bloggers that we must follow?"
 
Personally, I have never had an issue with plagiarism (Or I don't know about it) and I can only imagine the shock and hurt that I would feel if someone had copied/stolen my words or pictures that I had created without asking. 
 
The guidelines that I personally follow as a blogger is 'don't use it if it's not yours'.  The only way that I use someone else's pictures is for my weekly meme's, although, I usually create my own. 
 
Another good rule to follow is 'always ask permission' If your not sure if it's OK to link someone's review or use someone's pictures/graphics in your post or on your blog, then check with them BEFORE doing it.
 
 
As far as Non-Fiction goes, I tend to stay away from it.  I honestly don't think that I have ever read a non-fiction book.  It's really just not something that interests me. 
 
 
Did you post today about Ethics & Non-Fiction?  If so, leave me a link in the comments so I can check it out or just tell me some good rules that you follow as a blogger.
 
*********
 

5 comments:

  1. I'm finding there are a lot more people that don't read non-fiction than I thought. I feel the same way it's not something that interests me all that much. Though I've heard memoirs can be interesting sometimes, so I may give them a try at some point. I just like the magical feel of getting out of reality when I read a book.

    Great post! Feel free to stop by my post on Non-Fiction here

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about asking for permission. Wish everyone that used ideas would just link back.

    I love non-fiction. Love to learn and non-fiction does that for me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Short and simple. Ethics shouldn't be more complicated than that!

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luv nonfic - I'm a lifelong learner & that's how to do it - here's the LINK

    Pick up a free pc wallpaper calendar while you're there too ;) gift from me - EnJoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't been involved in plagiarism either, but I've seen it before. I read quite a few posts about it in the last couple of months. I think you summed it up quite well. :)

    Leanne @ Escaping With Books

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, they make my day :D

Copyright © 2014 Novel Ink
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0