INKED | Author Mark Cathcart

Posted on Thursday, April 16, 2015 12:00 AM

Guys, join me in welcoming, Mark Cathcart to the blog today.

Name: M. K. Cathcart 
 
 
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 29 year old living in Newcastle Upon Tyne, England. At the moment I work in a call centre but I'm in my last year of an Electrical Installation apprenticeship. I've also worked as a debt collector, tattoo artist, teddy bear (children's entertainer) and various other things. I have a cockapoo called Ruby and I have tattoos from the top of my head to the top of my toes...and I like Sci-Fi.






When did you get your first tattoo? I got my first tattoo 10 years ago. A Descendents (band) tattoo on my leg. Still one of my favourites.

When did you get your last tattoo?  I got my last tattoo about a year ago (back piece outlined)...and it hurt like hell so I'm putting it on hold for a while. I wouldn't wish that pain on anyone. 
 
Is there a special meaning behind any of your tattoos? I tried to have at least half a story behind most of my tattoos but the one with the 'most special meaning' would a penguin that I got tattoo'd for my wife (she likes penguins).

Are you planning to get anymore? I have a full chest, stomach, back, arms, half my head (which my hair hides well) and patches of my leg, so the only real room I have left is my ribs and they'll be done soon enough, I'm sure.

 
 

 
Tell us a little about your books/blog: The Fugazi of Room 39. Here's the blurb (because it's easier): A second, recondite Korea War has killed millions and left a billion others in a fate far worse. Oblivious to this all, Jesse Nolan wakes up to yet another unremarkable day as a Detective in the famously crime free, Los Angeles Police Department. However, that’s all about to change. As the first murder in living memory is thrust upon him to investigate, inconceivable events lead to previously unimaginable actions, as this futurist utopia quickly erodes in front of him to reveal something much more sinister; Room 39.

Anything else that you would like to add? Thanks, Mark.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today, Mark! We enjoyed seeing your ink! I cannot wait to get to reading The Fugazi of Room 39 - so you guys, keep an eye out for my review to be coming soon!
 
 If you are an author or blogger with a tattoo and are interested in being our guest on INKED, you can find all of the information HERE.

author image

Erica

Erica is a 20 year old college student and book lover. When she’s done with studying she’ll always want to relax with a book, of any kind. If she’s not reading she could be caught up in her latest Netflix series or lost in a conversation with her spectacular boyfriend.
Copyright © 2014 Novel Ink
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0