ARC Book Review | I Am Her Revenge by Meredith Moore

Posted on Sunday, April 5, 2015 12:00 AM
Format: ARC
Source: Publisher
Publisher: Razorbill
Publication Date: April 7, 2015
My Rating: 4 Stars


She can be anyone you want her to be.
Vivian was raised with one purpose in life: to exact revenge on behalf of her mother. Manipulative and cruel, Mother has deprived Vivian not only of a childhood, but of an original identity. With an endless arsenal of enticing personalities at her disposal, Vivian is a veritable weapon of deception.

And she can destroy anyone.
When it’s time to strike, she enrolls in a boarding school on the English moors, where she will zero in on her target: sweet and innocent Ben, the son of the man who broke Mother’s heart twenty years ago.

Anyone… except for the woman who created her.
With every secret she uncovers, Vivian comes one step closer to learning who she really is. But the more she learns about herself, the more dangerous this cat and mouse game becomes. Because Mother will stop at nothing to make sure the truth dies with her.



Review

I Am Her Revenge was one of my most anticipated April reads, so you can imagine my excitement when I finally got my hands on it.  To say that I was ecstatic is a bit of understatement, I may or may not have been jumping up and down.  I love me a good revenge story and I couldn't wait to dive into Vivian's world. 
 
Vivian Foster is a bit of a chameleon, she can be anything that she needs to be in order to get what she wants.  Which I admit, sounds kind of awesome.  I would love to be able to change my personality to suit the task at hand.  However, this isn't something that Vivian learned herself because she wanted to.  This is something that her Mother taught her, in order to get the ultimate revenge.  You see, Mother had her heart broken 20 years ago and she's out to ruin that man's heart...by having her daughter break his son's heart.  Eye for an eye, right?  But everything isn't as simple as Mother says, and Vivian will uncover some things that will make her question everything she's even been told.
 
While I'd liked to say that I liked Vivian from the start, that really isn't the case.  But with this kind of plot, I was expecting it.  Mother has made her into a shell of a human, she has controlled every aspect of Vivian's life and pushed it into her head that you can't let anyone close, or worst of all, fall in love.  So as you can imagine, it's hard to get to know the person underneath Mother's teachings.  But like the summary says, with every secret Vivian uncovers, we get to see a little more of HER, and I actually liked that Vivian.
 
Ben, on the other hand, I liked from the start.  From the moment we meet him, we see that he's popular, but he isn't like the others in the popular crowd.  He's caring and sweet, and seemingly an easy target to Vivian. 
 
I really liked the fact that the whole revenge aspect was so well planned, it really made the story flow really well and it kept me interested and guessing.  I didn't expect the whole mystery aspect in this book though, but I loved it.  I didn't put the puzzle pieces together and I didn't see it coming, so when everything was revealed, I got that shock factor, which was great.
 
Overall, I Am Her Revenge is an intriguing read that will give you so much more than a revenge story. 
 
author image

Christy

Christy is a 27 year old wife, mother, nursing student and self proclaimed book addict. When she's not busy spending time with her family or learning to save lives, you can find her with a book in her hands, and a smile on her face.
Copyright © 2014 Novel Ink
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0