Sunday Funday | Cast A Harry Potter Spell

Posted on Sunday, October 20, 2013 6:00 AM
 
 


I saw this survey over at Flip That Page and it looked like so much fun that I thought I would give it a try. Be sure to check out Jasmine’s page for all the details if you would like to participate.

 
 
Cast A Spell

 
Reparo

A book that needs some serious fixing. Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea. When I first saw the cover and read the synopsis for this book, I couldn’t wait to get my hands on it so I pre-ordered it from Amazon and waiting anxiously for it to arrive. Then I read it and I was so disappointed. This is one of the worst cases of insta-love that I have ever seen! And this is the first book that I have read where I was constantly wanting to punch the MC.

Lumos

A book that deserves more attention. The Beginning of After (Jennifer Castle). I loved this book, it was just so touching.

Nox

An overhyped book. Twilight (Stephenie Meyer). I enjoyed these books but I feel like it is one of the most hyped up books out there.

Accio

A book you’re anticipating. Up from the Grave (Jeaniene Frost). This is the last book in the Night Huntress series and while I hate to say goodbye, I’m dying to know what happens.

Alohomora

A book you want to be more open about. The Book Thief. I’ve heard such AMAZING things about this book but I’m just not sure that it would be something that I would like. I hope to give it a try one of these days.

Expecto Patronum

A book that made you cry, or at least want to. If I Stay (Gayle Forman). I think I cried throughout the WHOLE book! And I’m not talking about a tear here and there, I’m talking about red eyes, blotchy faced, snotty nose, ugly crying.

Morsmordre

A book you wish to mark as one of your favorites. Pivot Point (Kasie West). I was surprised by how much that I loved this book. I can’t wait to see what happens in Split Second!


Petrificus Totalus

A book you wish to keep forever.  The Fault In Our Stars (John Green) This is one of my favorite books and I'm sure I will reread it plenty of times in my life.  


Protego

An intimidating book you keep putting off. Game of Thrones (George R.R. Martin) This books sounds like the type of book that I would really enjoy, but it’s over 800 pages and that scares the shit out of me.


Riddikulus

A book with a deceiving synopsis.  Masque of the Red Death (Bethany Griffin) The synopsis made this book sound AUH-MAZ-ING, however the book was not.


Lacarnum Inflamarae

A book you wish to burn out of your mind completely. The Infinite Moment of Us (Lauren Myracle) I wish I had never picked this book up.


Wingardium Leviosa

A book you wish to reread. Shatter Me (Tahereh Mafi) I can’t remember much about this book so hopefully before Ignite Me comes out I will reread Shatter Me and then read Unravel Me.


Avada Kedavra

Worst book EVER. Dead Witch Walking (Kim Harrison). I have never been as bored with a book as I was with this one. Needless to say, this was a DNF.
 
 
Spell's Cast On You

 
 
 
 

Stupefy

A book with a chapter you couldn’t seem to get over.  With All My Soul (Rachel Vincent) Chapter 21.  I just don't even know what to say...


Confundo

A book that generally confused you. The Time Traveler’s Wife. This book had me so confused that I just gave up (I loved the movie though)


Crucio

A book that was a pain to read. City of Bones (Cassandra Clare). This book just had too many details, eventually I got bored and was skimming A LOT.


Episkey

A feel good book that you enjoyed.  My Life Next Door (Huntley Fitzpatrick). This is one of those books that just makes you smile whenever you think about it.


Expelliarmus

A book with a swoon-worthy character. Origin (Jennifer L. Armentrout). Daemon Black, need I say more? No? Didn’t think so :D


Impedimenta

A book that kept you up all night reading. The Program (Suzanne Young). This book took me completely by surprise, I thought that I would enjoy it, but I absolutely fell in love with it.


Silencio

A book that left you speechless after you read it. The Fault in our Stars (John Green) that ending…


Legilimens

A book with well-developed characters. Divergent (Veronica Roth). These are some of the most well-developed characters that I have read. Four, anyone?


Levicorpus

A book that changed your mind about a character from its prequel. I haven’t read any prequels so I’m going to have to cheat on this one a little bit and do characters I have changed my mind about from the first book. Austin in Gold (Talia Vance). When I read Silver I absolutely hated him, but by the end of Gold he captured my heart.


Obliviate

A book with a story you can’t remember. Article 5 (Kristen Simmons) The only thing I can remember about this book was that I loved it. I even bought Breaking Point when it came out but when I tried to read it I couldn’t remember anything about the first book so I had to put it down until I’m able to reread Article 5


Peskipiksi Pesternomi

A boring book that had absolutely no effect on you. Carrier of the Mark (Leigh Fallon) I know a lot of people really enjoyed this book but I just didn’t like it AT ALL.


Reducto

A book that convinced you to reconsider a certain genre. 15 Minutes (Jill Cooper). I have never been big on Time Travel books since I’m very easily confused, but I enjoyed this book so much that I’ve considered trying more Time Travel books.


Rictusempra

A book that made you laugh. First Grave on the Right (Darynda Jones) Charley is so hilarious that I was laughing throughout most of the book.


Sectusempra

A book that may have scarred you for life. I don’t think I’ve came across a book that I feel has scarred me for life…yet.


Tarantallegra

A series finale that made you feel giddy. With All My Soul (Rachel Vincent). This was one of the best endings that I’ve read, I felt like I got the closure that I needed.


Bombarda Maxima

A book that made you explode with the feels. Where She Went (Gayle Forman) Yes, all the feels…


Finite Incantatem

A book you thought you’d dislike, but ended up loving. The Hunger Games (Suzanne Collins). When I first read the summary for this book I thought ‘ehh, I probably won’t like it’ then I saw it on sale on Kindle and I figured that I may as well give it a go. Needless to say that was a very good decision.


Be sure to leave me a link if you do this survey so I can check it out!

 

2 comments:

  1. Oooh! This is fun. I am in accordance with what you said bout Divergent characters. Go Four! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I definitely feel the love for My Life Next Door, and DAMN If I Stay just made me ugly cry!! It's sequel too-- Gayle Forman just.. does that XD Abd I'm glad you liked THG! So excited for the movies. Less than a month woohoo! Thanks for taking this survey Christy <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, they make my day :D

Copyright © 2014 Novel Ink
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0